Can not start a instant message conversation

debbie

Help,
All was well then for some reason my messenger changed
email accounts to my outlook inbox instead of my hotmail
account. Now I can still open and see my contacts but
when I go to start a instant messege it goes to a window
for me to write a email and that window will not work at
all. It freezes up and I have to control alt delite to
get out of it. I tryed reinstalling but ended up with the
same thing. At times a error message comes up saying that
RICHED20dll is missing and needs to be reinstalled. How
do I do that ? Please help me. My computer friends and I
are stumped. I miss this program. Debbie