Question Can not use wifi on Windows 7 anymore

Dusan_11

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Suddenly i can not use wireless on windows 7 anymore, it says "wireless capabilty is off", it only works on windows 10 but is so slow because it has only 2GB of memory (1,6 usable) and 1.00 ghz x2.
I have tried everything, reinserted card, updated driver, new windows 7 64bit pro, ultimate, turned off power managment for wireless.
System recognize it, it is listed at list of adapters on network and sharing center but no network can be found, just an red x at wireless tray icon in right corner.
Is there any solution or i have all of suddenly use windows 10 instead?

Lutfij

Titan
Is the system you're working on a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, include the make and modle of your laptop and it's SKU. If a desktop, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If possible, state the make and model of the wireless adapter.

On a side note, check and see if you've got the latest BIOS onboard your laptop and that you've uninstalled the wireless drivers and reinstalled them with the latest found off laptop manufacturer's support site.

Might I ask where you sourced the installer for Windows 7?

Dusan_11

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
It is ASUS x401u,I tried with the latest driver form ASUS but didbt no help also with easy driver i have installed it.
it is 802.11n Railink wireless adapter
I dont think it is BIOS issue because i have been using this laptop for 6 years with many versions of windows 7 and some of them are oem and some are not.

Latest posts