Question Can old MB's boot WIN 10 ?

PeterPav

Commendable
Jun 2, 2019
I'm trying to get an older computer to work as a back up computer in the event my rig goes down. The MB is a Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G it was really built for XP and Vista with WIN 7 support. It always has a hard time booting WIN10 but at one time I think it worked. Now no matter what (I won't bore you with all the details I've tried) it gets stuck halfway through the boot. Just won't boot, have to go into advanced troubleshoot etc. to get it to boot.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm trying to get an older computer to work as a back up computer in the event my rig goes down. The MB is a Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G it was really built for XP and Vista with WIN 7 support. It always has a hard time booting WIN10 but at one time I think it worked. Now no matter what (I won't bore you with all the details I've tried) it gets stuck halfway through the boot. Just won't boot, have to go into advanced troubleshoot etc. to get it to boot.
What CPU, and how much RAM is in it?

That's on the edge of TooOld.

But it might work.

PeterPav

Commendable
Jun 2, 2019
Its an Intel Quad Core 3.2g 775 socket 4G DDR2 Its not all that slow for a dinosaur . It did this before and it was because the MB had no "Sleep" mode compatibility. So that has to be shut off. I set and re-set it 5 times. I re-set the entire WIN 10 install. ???

PeterPav

Commendable
Jun 2, 2019
This is a total mystery. I loaded a fresh install of WIN 7 it does the exact same thing. It goes blank halfway through the boot up. Then when I force the boot it says Windows could not start. Now I just wanna know why it won't work. It has to be something simple I'm missing.