[SOLVED] Can only access Google sites, internet is working but can't run apps or connect to other addresses

boothegreat

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Hello,

Summary of issue:

Like the title says, I can only access Google related websites (Youtube, google, etc). I am currently on my laptop on my WIFI which is working fine. The problem is on my desktop which currently hard lined. Also, I can't run any apps that require internet, like Steam, Spotify, Discord, etc. (Only in offline modes)

Also note that I am using my buildings fiber which connects straight into my apartment, I do not have access to the modem wherever that may be in the building.

16 GB ram
GTX 780 Ti
i7 4070k
ASRock z87 Extreme6

View: https://imgur.com/a/uXSPD9g
- ipconfig, Media disconnected

Things I have already tried:

I have been looking into the issue and have found various articles but it seems I have tried everything I can. Restarting PC throughout these things I have tried.

-Ran Malwarebytes
-No windows updates
-Ran every troubleshooter I could (Problems found: The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and internet is broken)
-Tried several browsers
-Changed IPV4 DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and alternate to 8.8.4.4
-Tried restoring firewalls to defualts
-Turned firewalls off
-Tried ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Last edited:
Solution
try the laptop on this specific ethernet port in your apartment

it the laptop is working fine, try solving the issue on your desktop:
reinstall ethernet/LAN driver
use the second ethernet port
use a different ethernet cable

reset windows
try the laptop on this specific ethernet port in your apartment

it the laptop is working fine, try solving the issue on your desktop:
reinstall ethernet/LAN driver
use the second ethernet port
use a different ethernet cable

reset windows

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

Summary of issue:

Like the title says, I can only access Google related websites (Youtube, google, etc). I am currently on my laptop on my WIFI which is working fine. The problem is on my desktop which currently hard lined. Also, I can't run any apps that require internet, like Steam, Spotify, Discord, etc. (Only in offline modes)

Also note that I am using my buildings fiber which connects straight into my apartment, I do not have access to the modem wherever that may be in the building.

16 GB ram
GTX 780 Ti
i7 4070k
ASRock z87 Extreme6

View: https://imgur.com/a/uXSPD9g
- ipconfig, Media disconnected

Things I have already tried:

I have been looking into the issue and have found various articles but it seems I have tried everything I can. Restarting PC throughout these things I have tried.

-Ran Malwarebytes
-No windows updates
-Ran every troubleshooter I could (Problems found: The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and internet is broken)
-Tried several browsers
-Changed IPV4 DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and alternate to 8.8.4.4
-Tried restoring firewalls to defualts
-Turned firewalls off
-Tried ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns

Any ideas would be most appreciated!
Start by disabling IPv6 on your PC.