[SOLVED] Can only hear VOIP in-game, through headset.

Wookloaf

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
Hey, I kinda feel like a dumby for having to ask this, but I can't seem to figure it out. I recently bought a new 5.1 surround sound set for my PC, it sounds awesome and all is well. Unfortunately when I play multiplayer games, the chat only comes through my headset and I can't hear anyone through the computers speakers. Does anyone know what needs to be done to make my mic on my headset only input and not output as well? All the settings I've tried haven't fixed it. Speakers are Logitech Z506 and headset is Razer Kraken 7.1.

Solution
So some games pick their own devices so check the sound settings in game, also check their forums as people may have fixes there like editing .ini files. It may be something as simple as changing the options in game.

Wookloaf

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
I have gone through my advanced sound settings and made sure my input was set for my headset and that my output was set to my computers speakers. Also I have made sure my in-game audio settings are set to speakers for output. As well as going into my Realtek Audio control panel and made sure all output is set to my speakers. It just refuses to push players voices through the speakers is all.

menlui

Respectable
Jul 18, 2018
So some games pick their own devices so check the sound settings in game, also check their forums as people may have fixes there like editing .ini files. It may be something as simple as changing the options in game.

Solution