[SOLVED] Can pesticide from a sprayer damage my PC?

Mar 7, 2019
I got a weird question. So, I have an exterminator coming into my apartment to spray my kitchen for roaches and we're required to leave for 3-4 hours after he's done and I was just wondering if I should be concerned about my PC being damaged in any way. It's located in my bedroom and he is only spraying the kitchen, but I'm still worried nonetheless. I've invested a lot of money in it and I don't really have any place to store it temporarily.

I've just had thoughts running through my head of the fumes somehow carrying some dense enough moisture and damaging some of the components. Should I just unplug it and put a big plastic garbage bag over it, or am I worrying too much? HAHA...

Thanks!

Solution
When I read the title, I thought maybe you were asking about it accidentally being sprayed directly on the PC. But I don't believe being in the house will cause any issues. If you are concerned, cover it with a sheet so that any airborne contaminants can't get on it. I would be more concerned about my keyboard and mouse, just because you have repeated contact with those surfaces.

kanewolf

Titan
When I read the title, I thought maybe you were asking about it accidentally being sprayed directly on the PC. But I don't believe being in the house will cause any issues. If you are concerned, cover it with a sheet so that any airborne contaminants can't get on it. I would be more concerned about my keyboard and mouse, just because you have repeated contact with those surfaces.

Solution