Can pick a solution from any thread trololo

Steve McGrossi

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Hi, this ain't a normal hardware complaining but possibly a bug.
I am on my android tablet Galaxy Tab 2 with the Dolphin browser and it seems I can pick solutions from threads that arent mine (lol?).
I tried doing it and it successfully picks the solution xD

Solution

Once you have earned 5 Best Answers from other people, you are granted that superpower.

Basic rule - Don't.
Check out the FAQ at the very bottom it explains why you can select best answer on other threads and when you should do so There is some more good info there so you may want to give it a read.
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2668512/tom-forums.html

Here is the passage:
What are the rules for all of this?

We're glad you asked! We do have a handful of rules regarding Badges and Best Answers. These rules and guidelines are to ensure that nobody abuses either of these features. Please be sure to adhere to these guidelines.

When and where can I select a Best Answer?
If it is a thread that you created, feel free to select whatever answer helped you solve your problem, or the answer that is most appropriate. If it is not a thread that you created, unless the OP explicitly asks you to do so, please leave the selection to the OP or a staff member.

The exception to this is if you come across an old thread (2 months or longer since the last response) that has not had a Best Answer set. In this instance, it is acceptable to select a Best Answer if one is available.

When and where can I remove a Best Answer?
Just like above, if it's your thread, you can do it any time, especially if it was a mistaken selection! If it isn't your thread, you should never remove it unless the OP has requested it. If you feel there is an issue with a Best Answer selection (incorrect information/mistaken selection/abuse of the BA system), please make use of the "Report Abuse" button on the post to alert a moderator to the problem.

USAFRet

Titan

Once you have earned 5 Best Answers from other people, you are granted that superpower.

Basic rule - Don't.

Solution
many of us do not agree with it as a rule since as you said it can possibly result in trolling or misuse.

however, purch likes the idea so its not up for dispute. the best we can do is post guidelines, watch for abuse and take care of it when we see it.

we are like ninjas so abuse does not often go unseen :)