Question Can plugging in speakers to the same surge protector the PC is connected to -- while running -- possibly damage components, specifically GPU?

Apr 29, 2020
Just built my first PC and it has been mostly smooth sailing. I was playing the Witcher 3, when I noticed one of my speakers wasn't working. I started fiddling with it, and moved the power cord from its previous surge protector to the one that my PC is plugged in to. Nothing else was plugged in to the PC surge protector before. No spark or anything, but I then noticed that the game screen was frozen. I was able to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to Task Manager to try to stop the game, but task manager wouldn't start. I forced off the PC, restarted, and everything came back normal. Tried starting the Witcher again, but the exact same thing happened. After the same process I restarted and updated all drivers. It seems to be working now, but I'm worried that I could have damaged the GPU? Sorry if I seem paranoid, but I'm new to PCs and want to make sure I don't ruin mine right away!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS