[SOLVED] Can plz someone explain to me Facebook - real and VPN IPs?

Sep 3, 2019
Someone few days ago tried to hack my FB account.
He gained access to email registered to my FB account, and has been using it from time to time. I requested IPs from email admnistrator/website, and they provided them to me. I found out that someone has been logged in my mail, and has been apparently using VPN.

Buut, when he tried to log into my FB account, he requested recovery code, declined password change, and just entered the recovery code. He then almost got in, but Facebook did not let him inside because I have 2 factor authentication on facebook turned on.

However, I received notification on FB, it was PC with Windows 10 that was trying to get in, and on email I received actual IP adress and not a fake VPN one.
How come facebook reported real adress and location, while his email only reported his fake VPN adresses?
Was it because he had his own FB profile, and saved cookie,or something like that? That is why it showed me his real IP?

Is there any way to track who it is? I have his vpn adresses, and also real one, id like to know his identity. Thanks

P.S - can anyone also explain to me what does it mean when it says right next to his ip that protocol was imap? Rarely it reports that it was pop3.

P.S.S - that is only what I think that facebook reported through mail his real IP. Would it?
Or would it report fake vpn one? Thx

Last edited:
Solution
You might as well forget about this and just make sure you keep you accounts secure.

VPN companies intentionally do not keep any records. The so called real address maybe a public hotspot and many times even ip assigned to end customers can easily be changed by rebooting modems.

It all does not matter nobody is going to give you anything without court orders. Be happy they don't, someone you pissed off in games can only call you names someone who was crazy could hunt you down and burn you house down in the middle of the night.
You might as well forget about this and just make sure you keep you accounts secure.

VPN companies intentionally do not keep any records. The so called real address maybe a public hotspot and many times even ip assigned to end customers can easily be changed by rebooting modems.

It all does not matter nobody is going to give you anything without court orders. Be happy they don't, someone you pissed off in games can only call you names someone who was crazy could hunt you down and burn you house down in the middle of the night.

Solution
@prots IMAP and POP3 are email protocols for receiving mail. IMAP synchronises your local folders with the server folder. This makes it handy if you are looking at mail from multiple devices. POP3 downloads the mail from the server to your client and it is generally only accessible from that client at that point.

VPN is not the only method for hiding your "real" IP address. Due to dynamic provisioning and IP sharing (NAT) (which have been common for 20 years) a "real" IP address is not necessarily "your" IP address (most of us don't own an IP address). For the vast majority of us, our IP address changes based on where we are and how we log in.

Sep 3, 2019
Thanks guys, is it possible that Facebook showed his real IP?
And what does it mean when next to IPs where I have written those specific protocols, like imap and pop3, there is actually written either:
CentralAccess or RememberMe ?
Remember me means that someone just logged in manually, while CentralAccess means that someone was inside my mail, perhaps passive, or actively doing something/looking/searching,etc.?