[SOLVED] Can ram make hdd better?

Mar 31, 2020
I have a 120gb m2 ssd and a 500 GB 7200rpm hdd. For all games i play its Ok to have them on the hdd. But for fortnite its unplayable. The game feels so laggy and it feels like everything is delayed. Its Aldo lagging but the frames is still high. Is it any way to make fortnite more smooth on the hdd. Can more ram increase hdd performance? Only got 8gb atm.

Solution
2GB is FAR too little space.
That drive needs like 20GB free.

But....the hard drive has little to do with actual gameplay. Loading things from it...sure that's slower from an HDD than the SSD.
But most of the 'game' happens in RAM/CPU/GPU.
Mar 31, 2020
No.
RAM does not make the hard drive work better.

More RAM can potentially make the PC run better.

How full is your 120GB SSD?
When i download fortnite on it i have 2 GB og free space, and i have deleted everything i can. Thats why i need to move it over to my hdd. But fortnite just feels so laggy on that disk. In game it feel unplayable. But other games like warzone and Rainbow is all good on the hdd.

USAFRet

Titan

But....the hard drive has little to do with actual gameplay. Loading things from it...sure that's slower from an HDD than the SSD.

Solution
Mar 31, 2020

Ok thanks for answers, ill first try more ram (only have 8gb).