Question Can RAM make it so that the MOBO won`t even start?

JackieBoiii

Prominent
Jul 30, 2020
Last week after shutting down the PC at night,when i tried to start it in the morning it didn't start,so i tried everything that came to mind,swapped the PSU( had one in a different pc) thinking that it might be faulty and it isn't sending power to the MOBO,that didn't work,so i sent the motherboard and the CPU to the store where i bought them( RMA) and after they tried it they sent them back saying that both are working correctly, when i got them back home i started taking components off and tried starting the pc out of the case with the bare minimum( Motherboard,PSU,CPU,RAM),it started once using the pins on the motherboard and i thought it may be a faulty start button,so i tried with the power switch on a spare case i had( didn't work),also i couldn't start it again with the pins( only worked once),the only component that i don have a spare to try is the RAM,so my question is,can RAM make it so that the motherboard won't even start?,no lights ,no fans,nothing.

mod edit: use of code throughout text removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week after shutting down the PC at night,when i tried to start it in the morning it didn't start,so i tried everything that came to mind,swapped the PSU( had one in a different pc) thinking that it might be faulty and it isn't sending power to the MOBO,that didn't work,so i sent the motherboard and the CPU to the store where i bought them( RMA) and after they tried it they sent them back saying that both are working correctly, when i got them back home i started taking components off and tried starting the pc out of the case with the bare minimum( Motherboard,PSU,CPU,RAM),it started once using the pins on the motherboard and i thought it may be a faulty start button,so i tried with the power switch on a spare case i had( didn't work),also i couldn't start it again with the pins( only worked once),the only component that i don have a spare to try is the RAM,so my question is,can RAM make it so that the motherboard won't even start?,no lights ,no fans,nothing.

mod edit: use of code throughout text removed.
Yes if RAM is faulty.