Can RamCache ,SSD and ISRT work together ?

Sion-1

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Hi

Asus x79 Deluxe Mobo
3930k cpu
G Skill 32gb ram
Samsung 840pro 250gb SSD
Sapphire Vapour- X Ghz HD 7970 6gb

Can anyone advise.Is it possible/advisable or even necessary to use Intels ISRT Technology to manage a Ramcache 16GB married to my SSD.

I intend to put my Windows 7 os onto the ssd along with various other programmes , Archicad being one of them.

Firstly is it possible.I guess I would have to set Raid in the bios prior to proceeding with the installation? Then load windows os and ISRT drivers.Make a Ramcache using RAMDISK or similar.And then open the ISRTY configurator and select the two drives to "merge"

As I understand it ,ISRT would then reload/manage the most often used programmes onto the cache when booting up windows?

One drive would be seen ?

Any advantages? Will it work?

Irst will not even see the ramdisk as it only looks for sata storage devices as these are the only ones that it can raid. But there is no point, windows automatically caches most often used files into ram. Just take a look at your task manager. There is a cached amount and ram is always near filled. Add the currently used + the cache amount. I'm assuming you have w7 pro or higher to use all 32gb as ram.

However, there still is an advantage of a ramdisk so you can control what files are "in" the ram.

Sion-1

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Hi k1114

Sounds like a submarine!

Thanks for the answer.

If I understand you correctly having a ramcache will not speed up the operation of say Archicad when re generating sections , plans , elevations, panning through 3d, generating 3d models and rendering?

Also if a computer crash occurs , power out , system freeze etc does the ramdisk auto save open folders being worked on as a backup back to the ssd where I will have my OS and other aps located. (Archicad has a autosave backup file system)

Thanks once again for your advice.