[SOLVED] Can random black screen and freezes do any permanent damage?

stidza

Prominent
Dec 23, 2018
So I've been getting black screens and freezes doing random mundane tasks throughout the system, such as watching Youtube. The only fix is doing a hard restart with the physical button. I've literally tried everything and kind of given up on it and I'm learning to live with it... My build is: AMD R7 2700, RX580 and 16 gigs of RAM. Can these random black screens and freezes cause permanent damage to my rig?

Solution
Ok - soo ; if I have to guess, I bet that you have either not mouned the CPU correctly (thermal paste issue or cooler is somehow not seated correclty), you have not being enough gentle to the motherboard and other components while assembling, or you have failed to take neccesary precautions to avoid esd damage on the components.
Can these random black screens and freezes cause permanent damage to my rig?
I think that is the wrong question to ask. I'd rather ask if there is a permanent damage, and the answer is probably yes to that.

Have you installed some software or drivers before the problem first appeared ? Do you made any changes to the computer or moved it around before the problem appeared?

stidza

Prominent
Dec 23, 2018
I think that is the wrong question to ask. I'd rather ask if there is a permanent damage, and the answer is probably yes to that.

Have you installed some software or drivers before the problem first appeared ? Do you made any changes to the computer or moved it around before the problem appeared?
Literally nothing, this started basicaly from the beggining.

Ok - soo ; if I have to guess, I bet that you have either not mouned the CPU correctly (thermal paste issue or cooler is somehow not seated correclty), you have not being enough gentle to the motherboard and other components while assembling, or you have failed to take neccesary precautions to avoid esd damage on the components.

Solution
So I've been getting black screens and freezes doing random mundane tasks throughout the system, such as watching Youtube. The only fix is doing a hard restart with the physical button. I've literally tried everything and kind of given up on it and I'm learning to live with it... My build is: AMD R7 2700, RX580 and 16 gigs of RAM. Can these random black screens and freezes cause permanent damage to my rig?
Seems like hardware issue. Hard restart (By press reset button on the case ?) will not damage anything.