[SOLVED] Can RTX 2060S handle triple screen setup?

beni_rohit

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
I want to get a triple monitor setup for sim racing
Can my RTX 2060 Super paired with Ryzen 3600 handle triple 1080p monitors at 144hz refresh rates?
or am I better off getting triple 60hz monitors and save the money?

Solution
Maybe get 2 75hrz and 1 144hrx I. The middle. And yes, if my 1660 ti can handle 3 monitors, your 2060 super can
Please do explain why you think that having 3 different refresh rate monitors will play well when you game on all 3 at the same time.

They will run at the slowest refresh rate, losing the advantage of the 144Hz. Also, being able to use 3 monitors for gaming is NOT the same with using 3 monitors for any other work and 1 of them for gaming. It's way more taxing to the GPU. A 2060Super MIGHT be able to handle triple 1080p@144Hz in some games with settings lowered but since CPU does play a role as well, I honestly don't know if the 3600 can keep up. I need to do some research.

EDIT:
Found this...
Maybe get 2 75hrz and 1 144hrx I. The middle. And yes, if my 1660 ti can handle 3 monitors, your 2060 super can
Please do explain why you think that having 3 different refresh rate monitors will play well when you game on all 3 at the same time.

They will run at the slowest refresh rate, losing the advantage of the 144Hz. Also, being able to use 3 monitors for gaming is NOT the same with using 3 monitors for any other work and 1 of them for gaming. It's way more taxing to the GPU. A 2060Super MIGHT be able to handle triple 1080p@144Hz in some games with settings lowered but since CPU does play a role as well, I honestly don't know if the 3600 can keep up. I need to do some research.

EDIT:
Found this:
https://www.tweaktown.com/asktheexp...ould-consider-for-sim-racing-build/index.html

It's very similar to your system so you know what you will get more or less. It's mostly what I said above, but do take a look at it.

Last edited:
Solution

Myst_8362

Prominent
Mar 26, 2021

EDIT:
Found this:
https://www.tweaktown.com/asktheexp...ould-consider-for-sim-racing-build/index.html

It's very similar to your system so you know what you will get more or less. It's mostly what I said above, but do take a look at it.
Oh, I thought the 2 were side monitors lmao sorry

Dec 28, 2021
This might be an Old Topic, but I happen to have the same setup.
Ryzen 5 3600 , RTX 2060 Super, 16Gb Ram.
I have Triple 165 Monitors and a 4th Monitor on the upper Bookshelf (used for Twitter, Whatsapp, Spotify mainly)

I do game on 165Hz using Nvidia Surround since All monitors are the same Model.
Before, i had 2 MSI monitors 165Hz and 2 HP 27f 75Hz.

I Think this post it too late to post, but it happened i have the same setup and it's working Supe stable and great.

Games like Forza Horizon 5 reach frame rates over 100 on Nvidia Surround <3 .