[SOLVED] Can run 2x8 and another single 8gb stick?

Bidu68

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
Hey guys,
So, november last year my PC began to have BSOD's , like once every 2/3 days and as time passed by it was more frequent but I was too lazy to try and solve it, I mean, I searched for the BSOD's codes on Google and did some Windows memory diagnostics, sfc scans and CHKDSK's but no error was ever found so I just tought it should be some drivers problem. This last month it got even more frequent to the point I would get a BSOD like 5+ times a day but a lot of the times the codes were different. I searched for all the codes on Google and all of them pointed either to drivers, hard drives or RAM so at this point Im just getting annoyed because the PC passed all the tests with zero errors. I just ran memtest86 with both sticks and with each stick in each slot. With both I had a LOT of errors so I then tried with one at a time in each slot. One of the sticks had 0 errors in both the slots, the other had a LOT of errors so I think I solved it (?) that stick was bad so i should be just fine running with just 1 stick for now (right?). Anyway, I just ordered 2 more sticks, the same exact model and I was wondering if I could run the 2 new sticks in slots 2 and 4 and the other single stick thats still good in another slot? Will that create conflicts or anything like that?

P.S.: Pc specs are:
CPU: Intel I7-9700k
GPU: MSI GTX 1070Ti
MOBO: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 (now 1 stick only and 2 exact same ordered)
SSD: Toshiba TR200 240GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: Cooler Master MasterWatt 750W Semi Modular

Solution
So what can happen if that maybe is a no? Will the pc only detect 16Gb? Will the pc not boot? Will it ruin the new RAM's? What can happen?
Anything on the scale of not working at all, to working 100%.
I would put physical damage far down the list.

Bidu68

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
I just searched on google and a lot of websites say that if the RAM's run at the same speed and voltage it shouldnt be a problem and the one's I bought are the same model so I think it should work, I really don't know. Thanks anyway! Very much appreciated replies!!

USAFRet

Titan
I just searched on google and a lot of websites say that if the RAM's run at the same speed and voltage it shouldnt be a problem and the one's I bought are the same model so I think it should work, I really don't know. Thanks anyway! Very much appreciated replies!!
Key words...."should" and "shouldn't"

Pretty much the same answer as you're getting here. "Might" and "Probably"...
No one at all is saying "Yes!" for good reason.

Anyone that gives you a absolute YES is a fool. And they are not playing with your money.

TRENDING THREADS