[SOLVED] Can Ryzen 3 3100 do 4K video editing and streaming?

Shivam541141

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
I was planning to build a ryzen based budget PC, but my doubt is can it do 4k video editing and lightweight streaming since its almost equivalent to i7 7700?
I would be using RX 570,16GB DDR4 RAM and A320 motherboard.

So please help me to let me know if the processor only has power to game or it can be pushed to do some video editing and streaming?
I am not going for R5 1600 or 1600AF so that i can upgrade the cpu in future.

Solution
The truth of the matter is that you can do pretty much anything with even the worst of processors, provided the app's install after detecting system's specs, the only question is "how much time can you throw towards the rendering?"

The question comes up since a slower processor will take more time than say a HEDT processor. If you're going to edit videos whereby it's your profession, then you're only wasting resources with trying to do 4K video editing on a budget processor.

Also, a system like that(with an A320) will need a BIOS update and more often then not, you're going to run into a lot of hair pulling moments. You should stick to the R5 1600AF for that layout as opposed to the R3 3000 series. To add, no you can't stream off that...

Lutfij

Titan
The truth of the matter is that you can do pretty much anything with even the worst of processors, provided the app's install after detecting system's specs, the only question is "how much time can you throw towards the rendering?"

The question comes up since a slower processor will take more time than say a HEDT processor. If you're going to edit videos whereby it's your profession, then you're only wasting resources with trying to do 4K video editing on a budget processor.

Also, a system like that(with an A320) will need a BIOS update and more often then not, you're going to run into a lot of hair pulling moments. You should stick to the R5 1600AF for that layout as opposed to the R3 3000 series. To add, no you can't stream off that system while gaming.

Reactions: Shivam541141
Solution