Can see 3tb drive in device manager but not in disk management

tat2jr

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
I'm dual booting WinXP 32-bit and Win7 64-bit. I have another computer running Win7 32-bit. I have two 3TB internal storage drives and want to be able to use them from my WinXP 32-bit install also. I used the "Paragon GPT Disk Manager" to make the 3TB drives viewable on the Win7 32-bit machine in the past and had no problem. It worked great and I could use the entire 3TB. When I ran the program on XP and choose to convert the drive to GPT it shows all my drives but the 2 3TB ones are greyed out! Very weird, so I checked device manager and they showed up there. Then I looked in disk manager and they don't show up there! It's crazy. It just skips Drives 1 and 2. There's not even a space for them. It goes from Disk 0 to Disk 3. I can use the paragon software to format the 3TB drive, but it's still greyed out when I go to convert it and still not in disk management. Please advise.

tat2jr

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm not trying to boot off of the drive and I've already made an entire 3tb drive readable (with 1 partition) under a 32bit Windows OS by using that Paragon GPT Disk Manager software. But either way I can't see it in Disk Management to even try to make it into 2 1.5 partitions (which I don't want to do anyway)

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008