There is no way to damage a computer from smoke in another room, even heavy smoke. You would need a long period of time with smoke in the area with particles to do anything to the system, mostly with build up of things like ash and tar, other deposits. Even then the computer would tend to work fine till the fans and other ports get clogged up and the thing overheats, but the damage is not from the actual smoke, rather the effects of it on other things. As they say, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end that does it.Pot was burned and there was smoke in kitchen. I dont know if smoke enter to my room but i only smelled that. Room is 6-7 meters from kitchen.
Don't worry about the computer, it's fine. You need the thing to be in a pretty major fire are with particles to get damaged, and even then it won't really be "damage" just maybe clogged fans and connectors.Somebody said this to me:"Use the microwave next time. They are safer for GPUs and such".
Dont be worried about Gpu?
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|[SOLVED] portable a/c for wildfire smoke?||Consumer Electronics||12|
|S||Are there any smoke detectors/fire alarms devices to buy that you can plug directly into a power strip? (Using a 3-prong slot)||Consumer Electronics||10|