[SOLVED] Can some please help me , I have laptop Dell XPS L 502 X (i7/1 TB) , i want to install SSD drive in this, Is in thi s M .2 slot in this or not ?

Sep 23, 2019
Can some please help me , I have laptop Dell XPS L 502 X (i7/1 TB) , i want to install SSD drive in this, Is in this M .2 slot in this or not ? or Which SSD type is this laptop support ?

Solution
You posted in another thread about a WD Blue 1tb with 3D nand.
I've used several of those and they are good.

The Sandisk Ultra 3D is the exact same drive with slightly different firmware (WD owns them)
Mx500 is another nice fast sata ssd
As are the more expensive Samsung 860 Evo's.

I would suggest finding which one is on sale or cheapest for your location and get one of those. (listed above)

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Found this on Dell for your particular model:

"No, your laptop does not have an m.2 slot. You can remove the HDD and install an SSD in it's place. Any standard 2.5" SATA SSD will work. You may need a shim to install an SSD, as they're all 7 mm or slimmer, while your system is designed for a 9.5 mm hard drive. Some drive kits come with these; if yours doesn't, they're only a couple of dollars."

Reactions: mukeshkumarbhoria
Sep 23, 2019
Thanks brother for your reply , i have one more doubt is some capacity limitation for this like 512 GB/ 1TB , I called Dell customer care they confused me lot they said up to 512 GB supports. If you installed in your laptop that is capacity of ?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Thanks brother for your reply , i have one more doubt is some capacity limitation for this like 512 GB/ 1TB , I called Dell customer care they confused me lot they said up to 512 GB supports. If you installed in your laptop that is capacity of ?

Dell lists up to a 2TB on their site for your laptop model with several different sizes in between. A 1TB model can be found here. A quick search on Amazon found the same SSD's for about the same price. The Crucial brand & model got excellent reviews.

Last edited:

popatim

Titan
You posted in another thread about a WD Blue 1tb with 3D nand.
I've used several of those and they are good.

The Sandisk Ultra 3D is the exact same drive with slightly different firmware (WD owns them)
Mx500 is another nice fast sata ssd
As are the more expensive Samsung 860 Evo's.

I would suggest finding which one is on sale or cheapest for your location and get one of those. (listed above)

Solution