Can somebody check my PSU please !

Samson_X

Prominent
May 14, 2017
I got a problem today, which is my PC self shutdown then self rebooted. I checked HWinfo then seeing this. Can somebody check if my psu is failing or other part failing ?
UUVmtAt.png

Solution
You can't generally diagnose a power supply problem from software. Software readouts for the voltages are fairly lousy. Sudden shutdowns without a blue screen tend to be temperatures or power supply and your temperatures appear fine while your power supply is fairly low-quality. Has this only happened once? You were unclear on that. I'd probably get a newer, higher-quality power supply as my next step if this becomes a habit (honestly, even if it doesn't).

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You can't generally diagnose a power supply problem from software. Software readouts for the voltages are fairly lousy. Sudden shutdowns without a blue screen tend to be temperatures or power supply and your temperatures appear fine while your power supply is fairly low-quality. Has this only happened once? You were unclear on that. I'd probably get a newer, higher-quality power supply as my next step if this becomes a habit (honestly, even if it doesn't).

Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It could be the PSU. Zalman's aren't very good. Plus, I believe that model is the lower end one. And with +12V rails rated for 22a and 20a (440W), it is a bit marginal for a 500W. If you are OC'ing the GTX 1060 6GB, that will push the load up fast. Does the shutdown/reboot occur when gaming or doing other intensive tasks?

Samson_X

Prominent
May 14, 2017

Thank you for your replay. Honestly, i'm planning to buy a Seasonic S520 at the end of this year because the Zalman is expired. Due to this accident, i may have to buy it now

Samson_X

Prominent
May 14, 2017

Actually i'm never trying OC'ing my gpu.
It happened when i was playing WarThunder. But this is the first time it ever happened to me. I played CSGO before that and it was ok till i play WT.
///Update///
Just checked Event viewer. Bloody hell i shouldn't have taken this psu.
Except the one on May 17th which is my problem, others occurred while i was booting the system (it took longer than normal to start)
Critical 17/05/2017 8:59:56 SA Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Critical 15/05/2017 5:40:46 CH Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Critical 15/05/2017 5:28:11 SA Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Critical 09/05/2017 1:40:37 CH Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Critical 06/05/2017 5:29:51 SA Kernel-Power 41 (63)
Critical 02/05/2017 5:47:19 SA Kernel-Power 41 (63)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah. Looks like maybe the PSU couldn't maintain the voltage for the VRM or some other partof the CPU power distribution.

"If event 41 is logged because power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply. An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior. For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause the problem."
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2028504/windows-kernel-event-id-41-error-the-system-has-rebooted-without-cleanly-shutting-down-first-in-windows-8.1,-windows-8,-windows-server-2012-r2,-windows-server-2012,-windows-7,-or-windows-server-2008-r2

Not a for-sure thing, but that is the usual culprit.

Samson_X

Prominent
May 14, 2017

True. There were a couple of blackouts while my pc running. And it's only starting problem since then