Question Can someon please explain this?

kanewolf

Titan
Is this "cat 6" cable a flat cable or a copper clad aluminum (CCA) cable? Is the wire gauge 22 to 24? Does the EIA certification printed on the cable?

Those are the things that determine the quality of a cable. What "CAT" it is, is less important.

Also, do you know that your device has gigabit network? Some laptops are 100Mbit only.

kinggaming60

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
Is this "cat 6" cable a flat cable or a copper clad aluminum (CCA) cable? Is the wire gauge 22 to 24? Does the EIA certification printed on the cable?

Those are the things that determine the quality of a cable. What "CAT" it is, is less important.

Also, do you know that your device has gigabit network? Some laptops are 100Mbit only.
I have a desktop, and i have even gone to the lenghts of contacting ASUS to ask them directly if my motherboard the ASUS Prime Z370-P is compatible with 1Gbp/s ethernet and they have stated that yes it is. My cable isn't flat and is made from copper, im not quite sure how i can check the wire gage but there are the grey lines printed all over the ethernet cable

As suggested, these days sub-standard cables are sold, u have to pay attention, plus Amazon these days is like eBay, they sell third-party stuff and act like a middle-man only. U did no mention whether u swap cable with brother to test, it can be an issue on your machine NIC/driver.

kinggaming60

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
As suggested, these days sub-standard cables are sold, u have to pay attention, plus Amazon these days is like eBay, they sell third-party stuff and act like a middle-man only. U did no mention whether u swap cable with brother to test, it can be an issue on your machine NIC/driver.
The cable is way too short for me to test it out, won't reach my room at all but i will see if i can test it another day, and ive installed the drivers that both Realtek and ASUS have assured me that allow the 1Gbp/s ethernet connection