[SOLVED] Can someone explain to me why gsync is better than vsync or nothing at all and why ?

Wisconsingamer

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I’m getting a new laptop very soon and have been looking at a few options and I haven’t been able to decide I was going with the Msi titan but no gsync and than Asus who isn’t my favorite has gsync as do some others I’m wondering why did Msi abandon gsync.

I figured the graphics card area was the best place to ask the question since it’s an Nvidia product tied to their cards.

I have watched comparison videos and I have a hard time seeing the difference between v-sync and g-sync with nothing I see stutter but with vsync it’s hard for me. To see a real difference. Most of the games I play are mmo, rpg action, sports never really play online stuff to be honest.

Please Someone explain or link me a video article that does good job explaining and or showing the differences would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
GSync/FreeSync are better than fixed refresh because variable refresh monitors update whenever the GPU delivers a frame (for simplicity sake, assume the frame times are always within the refresh rate range of the monitor). Therefore, you don't get multiple images drawn on the monitor at once ("tearing") and you don't incur any additional input lag because you're always displaying the last full rendered frame as soon as it's complete.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
GSync/FreeSync are better than fixed refresh because variable refresh monitors update whenever the GPU delivers a frame (for simplicity sake, assume the frame times are always within the refresh rate range of the monitor). Therefore, you don't get multiple images drawn on the monitor at once ("tearing") and you don't incur any additional input lag because you're always displaying the last full rendered frame as soon as it's complete.

Solution