Question can someone explain why there is 15.9 usable ram after i changed my motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
We will need more info. What are the specs to your entire build? Since you swapped the board out, please include a before and after of your specs. BIOS version for your new motherboard?

Also, to note, did you reinstall your OS after the motherboard swap?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What's the issue? 16Gb installed, 15.9Gb usable. That's normal because the stuff like the first 64Kb that are already accounted for by Windows stay resident services etc.

If you had 32Gb installed, but only shows 16Gb installed, that's generally user error, reseat the sticks.

DolaaZ

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
We will need more info. What are the specs to your entire build? Since you swapped the board out, please include a before and after of your specs. BIOS version for your new motherboard?

Also, to note, did you reinstall your OS after the motherboard swap?
Old board Gigabyte H410m S2h
New board Msi B560 Pro e

didnt reinstall os

DolaaZ

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
What's the issue? 16Gb installed, 15.9Gb usable. That's normal because the stuff like the first 64Kb that are already accounted for by Windows stay resident services etc.

If you had 32Gb installed, but only shows 16Gb installed, that's generally user error, reseat the sticks.
i know but in my old motherboard i was getting the full 16gb, i just wanna know why?

ASK THE COMMUNITY