Question can someone fix my network

JM_1__

Honorable
Jan 26, 2017
so my problem is like this..

i got 100 mbps fiber.. it came with a white box. on teh back of the white box are 4 lan ports.. i use 1 lan port..

then i route it through 2 routers..

1 tplink 1 belkin

question... how come sometimes i cna't get onto the tp link or hte belkin router..

its like they can't identify thats its me.. then i have to reset both routers just to get internet back.

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
After main white fiber router which router you connect with lan cable and after that which router connected.
you have to also change there lan address may be they got same lan address like (192.168.x.x)
and change their WIFI channel nos. between 1 to 10 different for both routers.

DO NOT USE the WAN ports of either the TPlink or Belkin Routers!!! You should connect the 4 port switch main router to the 4 port switches of the other 2 routers. You can use any of those ports, just not the WAN port.

1. Set the IP address of the TPlink and Belkin routers to be on the same subnet as the main router. If your main router is 192.168.1.1, then set the Tplink to 192.168.1.2 and the Belkin to 192.168.1.3.
  2. Disable DHCP on the TPlink and Belkin routers, or set them to access point mode if they have that option.

JM_1__

Honorable
Jan 26, 2017
DO NOT USE the WAN ports of either the TPlink or Belkin Routers!!! You should connect the 4 port switch main router to the 4 port switches of the other 2 routers. You can use any of those ports, just not the WAN port.

1. Set the IP address of the TPlink and Belkin routers to be on the same subnet as the main router. If your main router is 192.168.1.1, then set the Tplink to 192.168.1.2 and the Belkin to 192.168.1.3.
  2. Disable DHCP on the TPlink and Belkin routers, or set them to access point mode if they have that option.
do i understand this correctly i can plug it into any of the other ports/

JM_1__

Honorable
Jan 26, 2017
After main white fiber router which router you connect with lan cable and after that which router connected.
you have to also change there lan address may be they got same lan address like (192.168.x.x)
and change their WIFI channel nos. between 1 to 10 different for both routers.
i changed teh lan addresses now changing the wan channesl too

do i understand this correctly i can plug it into any of the other ports/

Using 2 ports from the main router. Connect 1 to any of the non-WAN ports of the TPlink and 1 into any of the non-WAN ports of the Belkin.

Or you can daisy chain them. Connect 1 of the main router ports to any of the Non-WAN ports of the Tplink and from 1 of the other non-WAN ports of the tplink to the Belkin non-wan port.

JM_1__

Honorable
Jan 26, 2017
why is not working

from the white router to tp link i connected to the yellow port. and then from the tp link to the belkin i connected to the yellow port again but no internet.

Just to clarify, I meant disable the dhcp(set to access point mode) on the TPlink and Belkin, but leave the ISP router dhcp turned on. Which I'm sure is what you did.

The last thing to do, as Ds_tech said earlier, is to set all the channels as far apart as you can on the wifi radios.

Reactions: Ds_Tech

JM_1__

Honorable
Jan 26, 2017
one more thing

so i did everything you guys said, the problem now is i can't find either router..

i mean when i open chrome i type their address i can't find either of them now lolx.. guess you dont need to find whats not broken.