can someone help about my bios settings and amd fx6300 setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrej_10

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
Hi guys, so i have a problem, i did a reset on my bios settings ( mb- asroc 985gm-gs3 fx) i had a totally custom setup from my friend but i think he did not do so good , so i have an amd fx 6300 as i read all over reddit and al kinds of forums all of you have it overclocked but i have a stock cooler which is so bad haha and i'am not sure how to setup my bios again, can anyone help? I think it was overclocked to 3.8,3.9 i think? Can i push it so far with a stock cooler?

Solution
Here's the thing, if you yourself don't have total comfort resetting and configuring a bios, you should not be overclocking anything. First learn the ins and outs of your bios, exactly what every setting is and what it does. Then you can start tinkering with it. As far as the cooler goes, just remember that the only purpose of the CPU cooler is to keep the CPU cool. In other words, whatever works. Your stock cooler will keep that CPU cool enough to a point, then it won't. It's only when/if you reach that point with your overclock that you'd need a better cooler. You might never reach that point. You might reach it as soon as you start overclocking. You won't know until you do it.

Andrej_10

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

Thanks dude i know about the cooler haha but shit, i did a small multiplier but first upgrade will be that

DeathMau5

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
First off all clean your BIOS and then set it up again, personally I don't recommend to OC an FX 6300 with the stock cooler, it's recommended a better cooler and also a good PSU !

Here's the thing, if you yourself don't have total comfort resetting and configuring a bios, you should not be overclocking anything. First learn the ins and outs of your bios, exactly what every setting is and what it does. Then you can start tinkering with it. As far as the cooler goes, just remember that the only purpose of the CPU cooler is to keep the CPU cool. In other words, whatever works. Your stock cooler will keep that CPU cool enough to a point, then it won't. It's only when/if you reach that point with your overclock that you'd need a better cooler. You might never reach that point. You might reach it as soon as you start overclocking. You won't know until you do it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.