can someone help explain this

Jan 22, 2018
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11779788

its saying my cpu is only doing 63.4% and only has 2 cores this is a brand new processor and has 4

i have a i7 7700
asus maximus viii hero alpha mother board flashed the bios to take 17 7700 cpu
2x8 gigs of ram (going to upgrade)
hdd drive 1 tb (going to upgrade)
msi gtx970

i did a bench mark test here and it is saying

60,077 User benchmarks, average bench 83%
LGA1151, 1 CPU, 2 cores, 4 threads
Base clock 3.6 GHz, turbo 3.6 GHz (avg)
Performing way below expectations (1st percentile)

my question is how am i only using 2 cores on a 4 core processor
could the ram and hdd drive be making the cpu not run at full potential? any help would be good

Download CPU-Z and post a screenshot. Also how many cores/threads does task manager show?

Your CPU seems to behave like a core i3. What was your previous CPU? Did you have an i3? If you did then this is a common issue. You system (windows or BIOS), thinks you still have a dual core CPU. So it may be windows or BIOS related. If it's windows related you may have to re-install windows. If it's BIOS related you have to clear the CMOS and then check if there is a setting in the BIOS that limits the number of the CPU cores. Good luck.

Jan 22, 2018

Jan 22, 2018
hello i previously had a i56500 processor i flashed the bios so it would use the i77700 processor mother bord says it can take the processor with the updated bios how do i update the cmos is it the battery on the mother board? i do not understand what is going on

1) Download CPU-Z and post a screenshot on the thread.
2) Open task manager and check how many cores/threads it shows.
3) In order to clear the CMOS you have to read your motherboard manual. Usually it involves a certain jumper on the motherboard that you have to connect and in some cases removing CMOS the battery but you have to read the manual. Each motherboard is different.
4) If everything fails you have to re-install/reset windows.
5) Please stop sending PMs and post everything in the forum thread on order to help anyone else who may have the same issue with you. Also I usually don't reply to PMs so please do not send another one, since it won't be answered.

cpuz link on bottom bios is reading the right stuff when i open bios but this is not

unknown.png

How many cores/thread does task manager show? That CPU-Z screenshot shows a dual core CPU. Check this video => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcfhFAQV9KI , as it may help you solve this issue. If it doesn't you may have to re-install windows. This seems a windows issue but it could also be a BIOS one, so try to clear the CMOS.

How do you know that the BIOS is fine? Have you loaded the BIOS and checked everything?

Jan 22, 2018
Bios was fine had flashed and upgraded there was a button checked in the system configuration I unchecked it and I got my 4 cores and 8 threads don't know how that got changed will upload pic when I get off work to show how I fixed