Question Can someone help me identify what this is? It's running on my mac every day for long periods of time.

rcgrph7702

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
Have you tried stopping or uninstalling it? If so, does it re-install itself?

Have you cleared your browser history and scanned for malware recently?

I tried finding it in the activity monitor, but I could not find anything running with that name. What/Where do I search for it?
I did not clear my browser history, I do not use any anti-virus software on my mac.

rcgrph7702

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
Good news. Did you look at how to remove applications? Also, what browser do you generally use? Safari?

Yes, I looked at "remove applications".
I use an app called "AppCleaner" by Free Mac Soft. So that does the job.
I mostly use safari. I have Chrome and Edge installed as well, but I only use those when Safari is not able to handle something properly.

rcgrph7702

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
Any extensions/add-ons installed with any of your browsers?

For safari: 1password, Tab Space, Adguard, Adblock Pro, Grammarly, PiPifier Button
For Chrome: 1password, Ublock Origin, EditThisCookie, Toby Mini, Dark Reader, Windscribe, Picture in Picture Extension
For Edge: 1password, Ublock Origin, Grammarly, Windscribe

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sure. They have an active support forum that is better for Apple products than here (much more PC oriented).

That being said, this is clearly tied to some application or service associated with Amazon and tied to something you installed or accessed. I assume you have an Amazon account. Do you have any Amazon devices?

rcgrph7702

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2015
Sure. They have an active support forum that is better for Apple products than here (much more PC oriented).

That being said, this is clearly tied to some application or service associated with Amazon and tied to something you installed or accessed. I assume you have an Amazon account. Do you have any Amazon devices?

I do have an amazon account but not an Amazon AWS account. No amazon devices either. I'll try posting this on Apple support. Thank you for your help.