Question Can someone help me interpret my pingplotter results? Consistent lag spikes while gaming

May 26, 2020
Can someone help me interpret my pingplotter results?

Pingplotter results here: https://share.pingplotter.com/LtVHv9Gk6Rk

From what i understand, this is a hardware issue. I was wondering if anyone has seen an issue like this before and may be able to tell me which part of my pc I may need to replace/fix. The lag is only noticeable while gaming.

Every 10 or so minutes, my game lags terribly for a few seconds, then comes back to normal, then lags a little bit for a few more seconds (it's very clear in the ping plotter results). I just don't know what part of my PC to replace.

This has happened in my last 3 apartments, so that's why i'm confident it's my pc

Are you running wifi or ethernet. Have you tried it only on ethernet.

Does your motherboard use killer chipset and/or do you have any form of game accelerator software loaded.

It is not likely a hardware problem but the simplest test for that is to boot a unix image from a usb stick or dvd. You likely will not be able to run the game but you should be able to run pingplot. Since you see issues to your router a simple ping command should also show it.

If it works under unix the fairly standard but drastic solution is to reload windows. Finding some obscure setting or software that is loaded tends to be very time consuming.

Reactions: jakerusssso
May 26, 2020
ive tried both ethernet and wifi, and the lag is the same. I use NVIDIA's GeForce Game Driver.

And what is a unix image/ where can i find one? sorry im not the smartest when it comes to pc's.

And if i do decide to reload windows, does that wipe my entire computer?

Thanks!!

May 26, 2020
Can someone help me interpret my pingplotter results?

Pingplotter results here: https://share.pingplotter.com/LtVHv9Gk6Rk

From what i understand, this is a hardware issue. I was wondering if anyone has seen an issue like this before and may be able to tell me which part of my pc I may need to replace/fix. The lag is only noticeable while gaming.

Every 10 or so minutes, my game lags terribly for a few seconds, then comes back to normal, then lags a little bit for a few more seconds (it's very clear in the ping plotter results). I just don't know what part of my PC to replace.

This has happened in my last 3 apartments, so that's why i'm confident it's my pc. I've tried ethernet and wifi.

TRENDING THREADS