[SOLVED] Can someone help me stable overclock my Ryzen 5 2600x to 4.2GHz @1.4v?

Mar 27, 2020
Motherboard: ASUS B450-F
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8) 3000Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 1660Ti
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

Core Performance Boost: Enabled
Ai Overclock Tuner: D.O.C.P Standard 15-17-17-35
Memory Frequency: DDR4-3000Mhz @1.35v
CPU Core Ratio: 42.00 @1.4v
GPU: Core clock +100Mhz, Memory Clock +1000

Need help with a stable overclock
It crashes at 4-6 Cinebench runs

Last edited:
Solution
Could you possibly help me get 4.2Ghz @1.4v stable?
Just dial in those settings in BIOS and test stability with Prime95, fixed FFT size of around 1228KB (both min and max) and AVX turned OFF.

Monitor voltage and temperature with HWInfo64; look at CPU Core Voltage(SVI2 TFN). If it holds stable, go back in and lower voltage until it doesn't then back up a notch. If it DOESN'T hold stable at least 20 min's then go back in and lower clocks till it does, then volts till it doesn't. If temps go over 90C lower both till it won't, then clocks to be stable, then volts 'til it isn't.

When done, (STI2 TFN) voltage had best be 1.30V or lower (in Prime 95 test) or you'll be degrading your CPU fast(er). Temps should be running no higher...
Mar 27, 2020
4.1ghz was the best i could get @1.35625v and stay 24/7 stable confirmed by
P95, Occt, Realbench, and Aida64 extreme.
Going over 4.1 ghz took way too much voltage for not too much more in performance and will shorten the life expectancy of the cpu.

Just dial in those settings in BIOS and test stability with Prime95, fixed FFT size of around 1228KB (both min and max) and AVX turned OFF.

Monitor voltage and temperature with HWInfo64; look at CPU Core Voltage(SVI2 TFN). If it holds stable, go back in and lower voltage until it doesn't then back up a notch. If it DOESN'T hold stable at least 20 min's then go back in and lower clocks till it does, then volts till it doesn't. If temps go over 90C lower both till it won't, then clocks to be stable, then volts 'til it isn't.

When done, (STI2 TFN) voltage had best be 1.30V or lower (in Prime 95 test) or you'll be degrading your CPU fast(er). Temps should be running no higher than the 80's, but ONLY when running that stress test! No body can tell you the time scale, but you can go higher on either or both until you're at your comfort level for early failure.

If you're the kind who wants Prime95 small FFT stable for 24hrs, with AVX, then use that instead. In which case, drop clocks and volts a LOT.

Last edited:
Solution