Question can someone help me with adding a thermal epson printer to a local network

riley7

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
guys i have this software i installed for a facility, when i connect this epson tm thermal printer to the server machine via usb, it prints perfectly but then i want to use the printer at the cashier point and so the usb must be connected at the cashiers end, and doesn't print, i know i have to add the port from the cashiers end to the server but i'm not doing it right....please help, Thanks

riley7

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Your post is a little confusing to read ... Do you want to directly connect the USB printer at the cashier station OR do you want to USB connect it to the server and have it accessible from the cashier station?
ok thank, i want to connect the usb at the cashier station and access it form the server, so that all print commands will go the the cashiers printer(thermal printer)

kanewolf

Titan
OK, then you would install the drivers for the printer on the cashiers station. Then you would share the printer in the OS. (may have to enable printer sharing). Then you add a network printer on the server, pointing to the cashiers station.