System
Windows 10 64bit
ROG Maximus XI Formula
32Gigs of G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 RAM
I9-9900k
970 Pro 1TB (OS)
860 Pro 1TB (Back-Up)
No overclocks
Router: ASUS RT-N66R (QoS disabled, Ipv6 enabled)

When I'm running 1 ethernet connection I get full download speed 140-160 Mbits per second. And 22-28 Upload. When I bridge both the LAN ports together using the computer the DL Speed goes to 25 and upload goes to 48-55.

Why is this happeneing? How can I fix it?

You need to be very happy you did not crash your router and your PC doing that.

You have created a loop. For example you machine sends a broadcast packet out say on port 1 it gets to the router and since it is broadcast traffic it gets sent back to you on the other port. Since you have the ports bridged your machine again sends it out on port 1. As devices send out more and more broadcast the amount of looped traffic gets bigger and bigger until you max out the ports.

The only reason that did not happen I suspect is your router is running spanning tree. It detects the loop and disabled one of the ports. You likely are losing massive amount of traffic because the pc does not know one of the ports is blocked.

Pretty much this is working as designed.

Dec 12, 2018
Okay, so how can I bridge my connection or team them so that I dont have these issues?

You need to be very happy you did not crash your router and your PC doing that.

You have created a loop. For example you machine sends a broadcast packet out say on port 1 it gets to the router and since it is broadcast traffic it gets sent back to you on the other port. Since you have the ports bridged your machine again sends it out on port 1. As devices send out more and more broadcast the amount of looped traffic gets bigger and bigger until you max out the ports.

The only reason that did not happen I suspect is your router is running spanning tree. It detects the loop and disabled one of the ports. You likely are losing massive amount of traffic because the pc does not know one of the ports is blocked.

Pretty much this is working as designed.

Team in better called link aggregation or 802.3ad. Your router also must support this.

Even if it does it pretty much is a complete waste of time in a home installation. It is no longer used in enterprise installation because 10g ports work better.

It is highly unlikely your internet is faster than 1gbit so you gain nothing by combining the links. Now lets say you had a second device also using link aggregation to your router. 802.3ad uses a mathematical method for path selection so all traffic from a single session will always use only 1 path so you will only get 1gbit anyway. Even with mulitple session it may put all the traffic on the same link.

It was designed for a central server than had many hundreds of users access it and the pure randomness of ports and ip would more or less load balance the traffic. Again this had lots off issue which is why enterprise installs moved to 10g ports as soon as they could. It has only very limited applications and home use is not one of them.

Dec 12, 2018
Okay that's so wierd. I thought that it improved throughput or a bigger pipeline so that I can have more things consuming data without it affecting the flow of everything else. How can I achieve this? Will I just have to run them untamed or bridged and run a program to have certain programs or w.e use 1 connection and another us a different?

Team in better called link aggregation or 802.3ad. Your router also must support this.

Even if it does it pretty much is a complete waste of time in a home installation. It is no longer used in enterprise installation because 10g ports work better.

It is highly unlikely your internet is faster than 1gbit so you gain nothing by combining the links. Now lets say you had a second device also using link aggregation to your router. 802.3ad uses a mathematical method for path selection so all traffic from a single session will always use only 1 path so you will only get 1gbit anyway. Even with mulitple session it may put all the traffic on the same link.

It was designed for a central server than had many hundreds of users access it and the pure randomness of ports and ip would more or less load balance the traffic. Again this had lots off issue which is why enterprise installs moved to 10g ports as soon as they could. It has only very limited applications and home use is not one of them.

Dec 12, 2018
Maybe I dont understand the terminology all that well. But I dont think my internet is operating at 1gbit bandwidth. How do I know it is? How do i make sure it is?

I stream in 4k, and game in 4k, with multiple instances of games and streams.

Why would you need more than 1gbit of bandwidth. Your internet is only a tiny fraction of that. What do you have inside your house that needs to talk to your PC at rates higher than 1gbit

Dec 12, 2018
I am the one who pays the Bill's. If I stream, and try to download something my stream is directly affected. If I use Gamefirst V and have 2 ethernet connections I can tell gamefirst to use 1 with ethernet 2 and 1 with ethernet 2 and than I no longer have issues with my downloads affecting my stream.

I want be able to do the same but without using a program to select what I want to go to which connection and so on. I just wanna create a bridge or w.e and have a more bandwidth as a result.

So you are not the person who pays the bills.

So this is all moot then, if you don't know what u currently have, how do you know you need to improve it? That's plain English.

You said if you run only 1 cable you get 160mbps. So that is your bottleneck. You could hook a 10gbit cable to a fancy router that also has 10gbit ports and it will make no difference. You will only get what your ISP can provide to you which in this case is only 160mbps.

No matter what you do you will never get faster than what you pay for.

Gamefirst is one of the dumbest things every invented. You do something stupid like download huge files and expect some magic program to make your games run well. It is much simpler to only run the game on your machine when you want performance.

LOL. was curious enough to Google what this snake-oil Gamefirst is all about.

Sounds like a local QOS-thingy, says to low-prioritize p-to-p download automatically as to not affect real time gaming and mentions other LAN interfaces, which probably lead OP to conclude it can perform miracles.