Can someone help me with CD-ROM?

help

All of sudden, my CD-ROM stopped working. It pops up message: Please insert
correct cd-rom... Of course there is no problem with my CDs, and I had used
it few hours ago, then put pc into standby, came back and since then it is
not working. Also I have PS2.
I had already tried to uninstall and install drive, but it did not work.
DVD-ROM is working fine.
Please someone help me.

Thanks.

"help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of sudden, my CD-ROM stopped working. It pops up message: Please
insert
> correct cd-rom... Of course there is no problem with my CDs, and I had
used
> it few hours ago, then put pc into standby, came back and since then it is
> not working. Also I have PS2.
> I had already tried to uninstall and install drive, but it did not work.
> DVD-ROM is working fine.
> Please someone help me.
>
> Thanks.

I would reboot the machine, then see what happens.