Question Can someone help me with my Bluescreens?

Larsbree

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
I'm going to try and explain my situation as clearly as possible.

So I built my computer a couple of years ago and from the moment it was built I've had trouble with Bluescreens. It usually happens on startup or just after. The stopcodes are different most of the time, but "memory_management" is the most common one. What is really weird is that when I start up my pc, immediately choose for the "restart" button, it boots normally. The Bluescreens also don't happen more than twice per startup. So basically I have to start up my computer twice for it to act normally.

I've tried to validate my files a couple of times now because it is starting to get really annoying but I've not been succesfull in finding any corrupted files. It is also very annoying that no dump files get created due to errors occuring during the making of one.

A couple of days ago I upgraded my computer to Windows 11 and fully formatted my drives in the hope that the Bluescreens would dissapear but it did not help.

I have no idea what is causing the problem so I would like some help on this. :)
(I personally think it is a hardware problem since it hasn't dissapeared when I upgraded to Windows 11, but I'm just guessing...)

P.S.
I'm sorry if it isn't written completely right, English isn't my first language :)

Solution
Try turning it off and setting the RAM speed directly. It'll likely run with sub-optimal timings, but if performance seems fine, then you can leave that alone.

Larsbree

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
Oh yeah, forgot about that..... Here's the list:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
  • G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB 3200Mhz [F4-3200C16D-16GVKB]
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6G
  • Cooler Master V650 Gold PSU
  • WD Blue 500GB [WDS500G2B0A]
  • 1 x Samsung 980 1TB M.2 SSD

(Currently Windows is installed on the M.2 SSD)

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Are you utilizing "XMP" on the RAM?

What BIOS revision are you on?

I know one of the selling point features of the Max series boards was being 3xxx ready (for real) out of the box, and that is considered a good quality mobo. In a case like this it could be related to the RAM and it could be related to the CPU, as the memory controller resides there.

Larsbree

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
So I've looked in my BIOS and found that the setting "A-XMP" was on. Also I'm running BIOS version: E7C02AMS.350.
(I did not change anything I just looked)

Larsbree

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
Well, i've turned the setting off and it hasn't appeared in a while now. Thanks for helping me!!!!!
If anything happends i guess i'll post another question :).