Question Can someone help me with my pc, is it cpu or memory ??

May 28, 2020
Can someone help me with something ? I was in the Middle of playing and My PC Suddenly restarted idk what happened but now everytime i open the PC whenever it reaches like 3-5mins while im using it it restarts again, so i thought maybe it was overheating and i just left it closed until the next day but it still has the problem, i tried removing and puting back the CMOs battery, the Ram and my cpu but nothing seemed to work i tried to move the Ram to the other slot and i got a BAD system config info bsod and when i placed it back to the other one i only got a black screen after start up. Idk what to do can anyond help me ? I checked My cpu and the thermal paste was already pretty dry, I will try to replace the thermal paste to see if it will work ,i tried running the memory diagnostic tool but before i got to see the results the PC kept restarting, i tried opening windows after i switched my Ram to a different slot and i got a BAD system config info, So i moved it back. But then i kept getting a black screen that never stops until i restart the pc, any tips/advice would be extremely appreciated
Specs :
Intel Pentium G4560 3.50Ghz
G.Skill Aegis ddr4 2400mhz ram
Gigabyte ga-h110m-h motherboard
Seagate 1tb hdd
Windows 10 pro

PSU:
I’m not sure what make means but if its manufacturer only thing thats written here is switching power supply,model is LC-8600BTX
Wattage is at maximum 600 watts
Bought from around June from 2018
A little dusty
Still ordering some sort of cleaner for this pc

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps a loose connection. Not loose enough to completely disconnect but just loose enough to cause intermittent problems.

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Then reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, etc. by physically touching them. Wiggle and apply gentle pressure to ensure that each component is fully and firmly in place.

Look for twisted, kinked, crushed cables. Use a bright flashlight and look for signs of bare metal conductor touching somewhere inside the case.,

If you are able to do so, open Reliability History and look for error codes and warnings, Especially any that correspond with the restarts.

As for "cleaner" be careful about that - what product do you/did you have in mind?

All you should need is canned air and to follow the instructions on the can. Do not, for example, allow the compressed air to spin fan blades.

Ralston18 has some great ideas on cleaning out and checking connectors. Beyond that I would suspect a power supply that is failing as it will cut the power being supplied to prevent a fire. I would actually swap the power supply immediately if you have a spare or can get one from another system.

Reactions: Francis Kyle
May 28, 2020
Perhaps a loose connection. Not loose enough to completely disconnect but just loose enough to cause intermittent problems.

Then reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, etc. by physically touching them. Wiggle and apply gentle pressure to ensure that each component is fully and firmly in place.

Look for twisted, kinked, crushed cables. Use a bright flashlight and look for signs of bare metal conductor touching somewhere inside the case.,

If you are able to do so, open Reliability History and look for error codes and warnings, Especially any that correspond with the restarts.

As for "cleaner" be careful about that - what product do you/did you have in mind?

All you should need is canned air and to follow the instructions on the can. Do not, for example, allow the compressed air to spin fan blades.
Im gonna try out that’s canned air since everyone’s been recommending that .

Last edited:
May 28, 2020

THis is so frustrating, i clean ed the pc i replaced thermal compund i reseated everything i reinstalled windows and it happened again,
Usually tho it happens even on boot but now it only happened once and right now currently im in another situation, my pc is going through “preparing windows” and i cant Log in my account. I think now the restart was due to a blue screen but it just restarted and i cant find away to stop this. Pls help me

May 28, 2020
This is so stresful omg why does this keep happening it happened again i dont know why it just keeps happening - why dont things just go the way theyre supposed to , i dont know if its the memory stick or if its the power supply maybe even my ups i just wish this would end WHYY ;-; why :(

May 28, 2020
Are you able to boot into Safe Mode?
Yes

i checked reliability history and it says Windows was not properly shut down

Ralston18

Titan
Starting to appear (to me anyway) that the PSU is suspect.

Although the PSU is only two years old that does not exclude the PSU from some pre-mature failure due to defect or heavy power demand use.

If the system is stable via Safe Mode (and lower power usage) then that is all the more indicative of a PSU issue.

Do you have access to another PSU that can be swapped in for testing.

If you have a multimeter and know how to use it (or know someone who does) you can do some limited testing on the PSU voltages. An out of spec voltage would be a sign that the PSU is the issue.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

May 28, 2020
uhm so something weird happened, i replaced psu but it still doesnt open and that is until i removed the cmos battery and now it works fine
i bought a new one and now it works properly.