abutsuntsun

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
My usb port was working but my laptop turned off (not proper shutdown) after i turned it back on the port wasn't working at all and i was looking at drivers and there's 3 missing ones. are these related to the usb ports and if they are can someone please send me a link to download them:
-PCI simple communications controller
-SM bus Controller
-Unknown device (i don't know what this is)
they have yellow warning sign next to them.
i have windows 7 ultimate and my machine is toshiba satellite l755

I'd download and install ALL of the latest drivers for your laptop model from the manufacturer product page, just to be sure. Chipset, audio, network adapters and storage controller drivers. If the component is part of that laptop and requires a driver, it should be among those found on the manufacturers support page.

If this is an AMD platform, most of them will be part of the chipset drivers.

abutsuntsun

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
The usb port on my laptop doesn't work sometimes i restart my pc and it works but sometimes it doesn't its so confusing and frustrating ive tried restarting it more than 10 times today still not working .

What is the EXACT, FULL model number of your laptop (Not just the series which is what you posted above) as printed on the specifications decal on the bottom of the laptop (Sometimes located on bottom, sometimes beneath the main battery in the battery compartment) or express service tag number, also usually found on the specifications decal?

abutsuntsun

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
What is the EXACT, FULL model number of your laptop (Not just the series which is what you posted above) as printed on the specifications decal on the bottom of the laptop (Sometimes located on bottom, sometimes beneath the main battery in the battery compartment) or express service tag number, also usually found on the specifications decal?
about that ...:sweatsmile: my laptop is really old so the number won't show its like scratched off

Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. In which case it's likely that the USB port is simply, faulty. Not uncommon on laptops where the USB ports are subjected to frequent pushes and pulls from devices frequently being disconnected or inserted, or things that are plugged in getting bumped causing the port to be smashed from side to side.

Have you tried using OTHER USB ports on the unit, same result?

Try this, for finding the info. Go to the start menu, type ms32info into any search or run box, hit enter. On the system information page you MIGHT find the full model of the laptop listed in one of the information fields.

abutsuntsun

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. In which case it's likely that the USB port is simply, faulty. Not uncommon on laptops where the USB ports are subjected to frequent pushes and pulls from devices frequently being disconnected or inserted, or things that are plugged in getting bumped causing the port to be smashed from side to side.

Have you tried using OTHER USB ports on the unit, same result?

Try this, for finding the info. Go to the start menu, type ms32info into any search or run box, hit enter. On the system information page you MIGHT find the full model of the laptop listed in one of the information fields.
All of my other ports are broken (the pins are broken) but this one the pins are okay , i forgot to say it stopped working for a whole month before then out of the blue it started working again now it stopped its so so confusing, can it be a power problem? i don't have a battery to my laptop

I guess you mean you battery is no good? Because all laptops HAVE a battery.

If the port has failed to work before and then just started working again on it's own, then it's almost certainly a physical problem with the port itself. Nothing really that can be done for that aside from get a new laptop or take it in for repair, and the repair will cost more than a new laptop in most cases.

abutsuntsun

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I guess you mean you battery is no good? Because all laptops HAVE a battery.

If the port has failed to work before and then just started working again on it's own, then it's almost certainly a physical problem with the port itself. Nothing really that can be done for that aside from get a new laptop or take it in for repair, and the repair will cost more than a new laptop in most cases.
okay thank you so much for your time , have a good day !