Question Can someone help me with this BSOD issue ?

Jun 12, 2024
It's the same as this persons issue: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/hp-omen-15-laptop-experiencing-multiple-bsod.3822005/ . I also have the same laptop as his and get some extra one or two bsods. But most of the time bsod is Iqrl_not_less_or_equal and it says ntoskrnl.exe crashed.

And when im watching anything (in chrome) the video will hide the bsod screen, im not sure what the bsod stopcode is since the video is blocking it. The video doesn't play its just stuck there on the bsod. I can send an image for reference if you want.

Last edited:

ubuysa

Distinguished
We need to see the troubleshooting data, including the dump files. Can you please download and run the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp and upload the resulting zip file to a cloud service with a link to it here. The SysnativeBSODCollectionApp collects all the troubleshooting data we're likely to need. It DOES NOT collect any personally identifying data. It's used by several highly respected Windows help forums (including this one). I'm a senior BSOD analyst on the Sysnative forum where this tool came from, so I know it to be safe.

You can of course look at what's in the zip file before you upload it, most of the files are txt files. Please don't change or delete anything though. If you want a description of what each file contains you'll find that here.

ubuysa

Distinguished
Taking these dumps as a group the most likely cause is bad RAM. You have a variety of different bugchecks and during a variety of different operations. In the first instance then you need to test your RAM...
  1. Download Memtest86 (free), use the imageUSB.exe tool extracted from the download to make a bootable USB drive containing Memtest86 (1GB is plenty big enough). Do this on a different PC if you can, because you can't fully trust yours at the moment.
  2. Then boot that USB drive on your PC, Memtest86 will start running as soon as it boots.
  3. If no errors have been found after the four iterations of the 13 different tests that the free version does, then restart Memtest86 and do another four iterations. Even a single bit error is a failure.

Reactions: PlayerSomebody
Jun 12, 2024
Taking these dumps as a group the most likely cause is bad RAM. You have a variety of different bugchecks and during a variety of different operations. In the first instance then you need to test your RAM...
  1. Download Memtest86 (free), use the imageUSB.exe tool extracted from the download to make a bootable USB drive containing Memtest86 (1GB is plenty big enough). Do this on a different PC if you can, because you can't fully trust yours at the moment.
  2. Then boot that USB drive on your PC, Memtest86 will start running as soon as it boots.
  3. If no errors have been found after the four iterations of the 13 different tests that the free version does, then restart Memtest86 and do another four iterations. Even a single bit error is a failure.
Alright ill try this. I got another bsod when plugged in and on 25% battery. Stop code: DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and nviddmkm.sys failed.

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
''The combination of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and nvlddmkm. sys means that your graphics card drivers are acting up, or the graphics card itself is. Uninstall your graphics card drivers from Device Manager, and make sure to indicate on the checkbox to delete the driver software from your computer.''

Jun 12, 2024
Alright, i passed the memtest (using my own laptop).

Jun 12, 2024
Imo, i think my cpu may have overheated. It was running around 90-100c for probably few hours constantly (while playing highly gpu and cpu intensive games like gta5 and elden ring) . Idk if that is bad. But my gpu stays cool most of the time.

Jun 12, 2024
I got no BSODS today. I changed the power outlet. But i still doubt it since you said that the RAM/hardware was at fault. I'll give the outlet a few more days to see if my laptop will get a BSOD again.