Can someone help me?

np91

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I have a intel i7 samsung laptop. And some games I would have thought should be able to run without issue doesnt seem to be as straight forward. Can someone explain to me where my system maybe failing and can I prevent it?

np91

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
And yeah it does have on board graphic as apposed to card, Arma etc in terms of games. Is there anything I can do as spent so much on the system and dont want it to be a regret to be honest.

Jared Jensen

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
How much did it cost and what did you intend to use it for when you bought it? It's a great laptop by all means except with the graphics capabilities. That just means you cant play graphics intensive games but you can pretty much do almost anything else.

np91

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
It was a £1000, well I wanted it as a desktop substitute to be honest as dont have enough room in my room for one. I like those higher spec games like Arama etc but everything else is good on the laptop to be fair. Can I fit a card or probably not?

Jared Jensen

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Sorry to tell you bud but you can't upgrade the graphics on a laptop. When buying a laptop, you should always make sure the CPU and GPU are good enough for your needs because those are the two things you can't upgrade on a laptop. You can however add more ram or get an SSD to a laptop which are really good upgrades.

Jared Jensen

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

An SSD is a huge improvement and upgrade from any hard drive. I highly recommend you get one. I have one in my computer and it boots up in 4.7 Seconds and everything just feels incredibly faster. Installing programs are almost instant and shutdown time is like 2 seconds!

No, it will not. You can only get fast boot up times for OS and programs. SSD will not help in games or graphics. Only the maps will load faster in games, nothing more than that. So if you are thinking SSD will give you performance boost in games then you are wrong and will be a waste of money.

Jared Jensen

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

I would get an SSD if I were you, It's true that i wont help graphics performance but it will improve the overall performance and speed of your laptop. Once you go with an SSD, you will never want to go back to a traditional HDD. Trust me, the difference in performance is night and day.