Question Can someone please help me to repair my windows 10

John92

Honorable
Feb 19, 2016
I literally have tried everything in automatic recovery except from using the command prompt to get windows 10 to work again, ever since I upgraded to an RTX 3080 Asus Tuff OC LHR it has been stuck in automatic recovery and I've just tried to reinstall Windows using the original disc and an error code: 0xc000000e comes up with file: \Windows\system32\winload.efi

Please help me

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Upgraded from what? Make sure the 3080 has been installed correctly. Plug the old GPU back in to start with. Or was it onboard video?. Obviously the NVidea drivers for the 3080 haven't been installed. You may have to reinstall Windows 10.

John92

Honorable
Feb 19, 2016
Have you ever successfully installed Windows 10 using this same Windows 10 disc onto this same hardware?
Yeah I have been using this PC for about 2 years now but water cooled it around January this year and tried to fit the 3080 this week and haven't been able to load up to main screen since, I have an Asus Maximus XII motherboard, i7 10th gen unlocked, I used to have a GTX 980ti Zotac ArcticStorm, 1TB NVME drive and a 1TB SSD 2.5", power supply is Corsair HX1000, I've tried to reset with keeping my files and removing the lot and keeps saying it ran into a problem, no settings changed, I can't use the repair boot, the change settings option, or even use the original disc with the operating system as it now says those error codes. One thing I have tried is using the command prompt and looked at the partitions and the C: drive has no label and they all have NTFS thing also there is a hidden partition, none of the partitions I saw using the diskpart command have a Windows label but the letters look like they are named correctly. At the moment I'm downloading a fresh media onto a USB storage device (flash drive) to see if I can download a fresh windows and start from fresh unless there's a way to get the command prompt to save my data.

John92

Honorable
Feb 19, 2016
I literally have no idea what happened but after attempt number 100 I finally managed to reinstall windows 10 using the original Disc with an external optical drive 😑, it only cost me my sanity and wasted a whole day off work 😑 now it's 3am GMT

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts