can someone please help me with this

aceboi28

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
ive got corsair vengeance pro 2x4gb 1.5v and recently bought another corsair vengeance pro kit but the voltage is 1.65v didnt notice i know im a idiot lol but is there any way to make them work together at the 1.65v without problems? will it damage my cpu? ive got an a8 7600 or will damage my mobo?? my mobo is asus a88xm plus
help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
the voltage difference is not that big, and as you see it works, it is your decision in the end

sell the old 1.5v kit, is not the end of the world, you can also keep it for another machine, or as spare parts when you need to discard a ram problem on another pc

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the cpu voltage and the ram voltage afik on amd are not bound

the difference is not that big, only 0.1 volts, supposedly you can set one to work slower by lowering the voltage and setting ram speed lower or try to set both with higher voltage but probably will not be a stable setup, possibly will not even boot or damage one the lower voltage modules

how big is the ram you bought?

aceboi28

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
the new kit is 2x4gb too tried setting voltage to 1.6400v and boots and seemd stable but didnt want to risk frying the other lower voltage kit looks like ive gotta get another 1.5 kit :( lol

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the voltage difference is not that big, and as you see it works, it is your decision in the end

sell the old 1.5v kit, is not the end of the world, you can also keep it for another machine, or as spare parts when you need to discard a ram problem on another pc

Solution