[SOLVED] Can someone please help me..

LocalRipper

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
I have a rig with an Asus P6X58D mobo. I have purchased 2 used gpu's and neither is getting a signal to my monitors.
Card 1: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X STRIX Gaming
Card 2: Nvidia Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
These were from ebay. Generally sellers of used cards don't take returns, I searched. Did I really buy 2 bum cards in a row or is there another explanation??
System was working with a couple of cards in sli mode before removal. Is that a clue?? Did I leave the mobo with a setting that is preventing it from reading a single card? Now that I think of it I'm going to pull the cmos battery. I'm going bald over this.

Solution
That's why we should always avoid buying used and second hand cards, unless we are 100% sure about the seller's reputation, or the GPU's condition. But I'm not saying both the cards are indeed DOA, but there is always a risk factor in such cases.

System was working with a couple of cards in sli mode before removal. Is that a clue??

Which cards were working before on your PC ? Was it in SLI mode ?
That's why we should always avoid buying used and second hand cards, unless we are 100% sure about the seller's reputation, or the GPU's condition. But I'm not saying both the cards are indeed DOA, but there is always a risk factor in such cases.

System was working with a couple of cards in sli mode before removal. Is that a clue??

Solution

LocalRipper

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
This is related to this thread?
Yes.

LocalRipper

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

2x EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, (1 GB) PCI Express Video Cards + Asus SLI connector

As stated in the statement you quoted, yes it was in sli mode.
I reset and remove, replaced the cmos batt to try to clear the setting.

LocalRipper

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, (1 GB) PCI Express Video Cards + Asus SLI connector

As stated in the statement you quoted, yes it was in sli mode.
I reset and remove, replaced the cmos batt to try to clear the setting.
[/QUOTE
I have a rig with an Asus P6X58D mobo. I have purchased 2 used gpu's and neither is getting a signal to my monitors.
Card 1: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X STRIX Gaming
Card 2: Nvidia Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
These were from ebay. Generally sellers of used cards don't take returns, I searched. Did I really buy 2 bum cards in a row or is there another explanation??
System was working with a couple of cards in sli mode before removal. Is that a clue?? Did I leave the mobo with a setting that is preventing it from reading a single card? Now that I think of it I'm going to pull the cmos battery. I'm going bald over this.
Solved: 4 pin atx plug was not seated fully. No problem with card.