Question Can someone please help me?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2021
I got a hp laptop motherboard off of a sale for very cheap but without the case i want to power it on but the power switch is broken
20211028_152054.jpg
20211028_152038.jpg
20211028_152028.jpg

Oct 28, 2021
Stickers on it?

I see at least one.

But I would have to download your pic, rotate it 180 degrees, enhance so it is actually readable, then look it up.
Or, you can look it up, because you have a much better view of the thing than we do.
Ive looked up every label on it and its always 0 results

Oct 28, 2021
We picked It up it put it in the mobo and i try powering it on and.... nothing the same problem:
When i try to power it on, the psu lets off a different buzzing meaning theres cureent draw but a few seconds later the buzzing stops and the led blinks shortly once

I figured something out however: if i hol the pin next to the button pin to ground the led stays on and the psu lets off an agin, different buzz meaning theres more current flowing but no fan spinning, no power on the internal, external usb slots
Also i measured it theres no 5v power anywhere on the board so ill try to use another adapter for it
I will pick up the ram on tuesday and ill update here

Status
Not open for further replies.