[SOLVED] Can someone rate this pc specs please? Advice on upgrade needed.

john12355

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

Could do with your expertise here.

My question is right now I have quite an old PC build [2014] and want to upgrade - Now obviously as I'm gaming on this PC my instinct is to go and upgrade my GTX 980 Graphics card. The Card that really seems the best deal with great performance for the best price [context of current GPU prices] is the RTX 3060TI, I understand this would be a big GPU upgrade. But looking at my other PC specs which are now quite old would you say this would be a worth it upgrade or are my other components due an upgrade to prevent bottleneck and getting the most out of a 3060TI -- So Would you say yes the GPU upgrade would be a great upgrade and run games loads better or is it a case my whole PC is in need of an upgrade, to make this card worth it?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790
GPU Nvidia RTX 3060-Ti
HDD Toshiba P300 1TB
RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600 C9 2x8GB
MBD Viglen VIG691M

Thanks
John

Solution
Hi Guys,

My question is right now I have quite an old PC build [2014] and want to upgrade - Now obviously as I'm gaming on this PC my instinct is to go and upgrade my GTX 980 Graphics card. The Card that really seems the best deal with great performance for the best price [context of current GPU prices] is the RTX 3060TI, I understand this would be a big GPU upgrade. But looking at my other PC specs which are now quite old would you say this would be a worth it upgrade or are my other components due an upgrade to prevent bottleneck and getting the most out of a 3060TI -- So Would you say yes the GPU upgrade would be a great upgrade and run games loads better or is it a case my whole PC is in need...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi Guys,

My question is right now I have quite an old PC build [2014] and want to upgrade - Now obviously as I'm gaming on this PC my instinct is to go and upgrade my GTX 980 Graphics card. The Card that really seems the best deal with great performance for the best price [context of current GPU prices] is the RTX 3060TI, I understand this would be a big GPU upgrade. But looking at my other PC specs which are now quite old would you say this would be a worth it upgrade or are my other components due an upgrade to prevent bottleneck and getting the most out of a 3060TI -- So Would you say yes the GPU upgrade would be a great upgrade and run games loads better or is it a case my whole PC is in need of an upgrade, to make this card worth it?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790
GPU Nvidia RTX 3060-Ti
HDD Toshiba P300 1TB
MBD Viglen VIG691M

Thanks
Johnvery
I would sell everything and do a full rebuild after you find a new video card.

Hi Guys,

CPU Intel Core i7-4790
GPU Nvidia RTX 3060-Ti
HDD Toshiba P300 1TB
MBD Viglen VIG691M

Thanks
John
You can certainly try it.
Worst case your cpu runs flat out and the gpu loafs.

You might also need a new psu so budget that.

And if you have some extra bucks swap the hdd for a ssd.

The gpu and psu and ssd can be moved to a new build if needed.

Solution