[SOLVED] Can someone recognize the model of this asus wireless adapter.(pic)

marios_nestor

Reputable
May 2, 2017
https://prnt.sc/smt55b It was being used by a Windows XP pc. I just want to check if I can find any Windows 10 compatible driver with the model but I can't find the exact name of it. It's connected through a small not detachable cable to a network card.

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the help but this pc belongs to a public institution and its in a weird place that Ethernet isn't viable and if you ask me this should have been scrapped ages ago but in the effort to cut costs and make due with what they have i made the post.If the need arises they could try some usb 2.0 wi-fi adapter.
USB adapters can be pretty sketchy. They would be better served by a PCIe or PCI based adapter, assuming there is an available slot on the motherboard. Something like this:

https://www.newegg.com/asus-pce-ac5...m_re=wifi_adapter_pcie-_-33-320-333-_-Product

marios_nestor

Reputable
May 2, 2017
The network card may have the model info on it. Have you looked for a label or stenciling on it?
That's what i am planning on doing tomorrow cause the pc isn't available to me atm. I though i could find it by searching asus old models and such but i was wrong. And for time’s sake i made the post.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Asus (and others) often use a common antenna between models. By the way, the portion that bisects the circular base of the antenna, folds up for better reception.

Another consideration it that Asus bundled such adapters with some motherboards as well. Still, they should rely upon standard drivers. I would imagine Win 10 will recognize the wireless adapter without any issue.

marios_nestor

Reputable
May 2, 2017
Asus (and others) often use a common antenna between models. By the way, the portion that bisects the circular base of the antenna, folds up for better reception.

Another consideration it that Asus bundled such adapters with some motherboards as well. Still, they should rely upon standard drivers. I would imagine Win 10 will recognize the wireless adapter without any issue.
The network card doesn't mention its model anywhere only that its n13219 mobo. And Windows 10 doesn't detect the wireless adapter.

marios_nestor

Reputable
May 2, 2017
Update no luck regardless of what drivers I tried out.I guess the only way you could make use of that antenna is by installing the older drivers in a VM running accordingly a compatible OS but that is just counterproductive.

marios_nestor

Reputable
May 2, 2017
Might just be time to upgrade the motherboard. Another option would be to use the antenna with another, compatible, adapter.
Thanks for the help but this pc belongs to a public institution and its in a weird place that Ethernet isn't viable and if you ask me this should have been scrapped ages ago but in the effort to cut costs and make due with what they have i made the post.If the need arises they could try some usb 2.0 wi-fi adapter.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
USB adapters can be pretty sketchy. They would be better served by a PCIe or PCI based adapter, assuming there is an available slot on the motherboard. Something like this:

https://www.newegg.com/asus-pce-ac5...m_re=wifi_adapter_pcie-_-33-320-333-_-Product

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd not use windows 8.1 drivers either. Win10 gets get pretty sketchy with anything to do with those 2 OS's. You'll probably have better luck with Win7 drivers as they at least had better XP compatability, and does seem to have better compatability with Win10.

If you Google asus pk5 wifi drivers, the premium pk5 has listing for the wireless driver set for all OS on asus website.

Last edited: