[SOLVED] Can someone recommend some compact ATX motherboard-compatible computer cases that would fit a fairly large graphics card?

fordongreeman

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
Can someone recommend a small/compact tower case with ATX-motherboard form factor compatibility, with good airflow, dust filters, and can fit a fairly long graphics card.

Solution
Raijintek Thetis
RioToro CR-1080
RioToro CR-1088

These are amongst the smallest cases that can accept full ATX gear (i.e. ATX mobo, ATX PSU, "Normal" sized CPU coolers, Full-sized GPU) that are reasonably priced (both are around $100). There are others as well but they start to get pretty pricey and/or compromises to parts (i.e. Lian Li 011 Mini requires the use of a SFX PSU).

Edit: I see RioToro now has the CR1088, a RGB version of the CR1080 if that's your thing. I prefer the RioToro over the Raijintek. I'm currently running the Raijintek Thetis and cooling isn't the greatest nor is the fit and finish. The RioToro doesn't LOOK as premium as the Raijintek but is a better performer and built better and will probably switch back to the...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
not sure how "compact" you are looking to get since you haven't told us anything about the actual hardware you plan on putting inside the case.
But if you've got the budget, and want to go tiny but support longer GPU's, then try a Velka case.
The Velka 5 and 7 are the longer ones that should support what you are looking for
https://www.velkase.com/products

And here is a video from LinusTechTips using the Velka 3 to build a PC.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFmb5h1lN-w

Otherwise, you need to tell us what hardware you actually plan to put inside a small case, that way we can better understand the spacial dimensions you need.

zze86

Prominent
Oct 21, 2020
Raijintek Thetis
RioToro CR-1080
RioToro CR-1088

These are amongst the smallest cases that can accept full ATX gear (i.e. ATX mobo, ATX PSU, "Normal" sized CPU coolers, Full-sized GPU) that are reasonably priced (both are around $100). There are others as well but they start to get pretty pricey and/or compromises to parts (i.e. Lian Li 011 Mini requires the use of a SFX PSU).

Edit: I see RioToro now has the CR1088, a RGB version of the CR1080 if that's your thing. I prefer the RioToro over the Raijintek. I'm currently running the Raijintek Thetis and cooling isn't the greatest nor is the fit and finish. The RioToro doesn't LOOK as premium as the Raijintek but is a better performer and built better and will probably switch back to the Riotoro.

Should note: All three above are inverted motherboard designs which some people don't like. I personally prefer it over a standard layout.

Last edited:
Solution