Can someone review my PC build parts before I purchase?

Feb 14, 2019
Here's a list of the parts I've chosen so far. I already have the monitors, and a mouse. Recommendations for a keyboard would be helpful. For ex. Should I go wireless or not?

The build is for video editing in 1080p. I don't need something that edits in 4K, and I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro. The main concern is to have the program launch quickly, and work smoothly without crashing. Thank you in advance for reviewing this for me!

EDITED

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: N/A (Using the one that comes with the CPU)

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage:
Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 500GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7S500B/AM) (for programs)

Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (for video files)

Video Card:
EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB ACX 2.0 Video Card

Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fan x2:
Cooler Master - Blade Master 76.8 CFM 120mm Fan

That's it for now! Thanks again.

Last edited:
I'd replace your cooler for sure. If you're going for expensive RAM, since the Ripjaws V ain't cheap, might as well go for Flare X line, also from G.Skill. I'd swap out your 970 Evo SSD for a 970 Evo Plus SSD. Just got released and a bit more expensive, but has better write speeds. May want to upgrade your power supply to a Silver or Gold 80 Plus rated one, but that's up to you. Also, yes, I'd get two fans. Your case only comes with one rear fan. Plus the case is cheap, making it of questionable perfomance/quality.

Edit: Oof, didn't even notice that you went with a 1050Ti. Also not that great of a card.. I don't know what to change that with, to be honest. Btw, choice of keyboard is completely personal. I mean, I use an Apple keyboard on Windows.......

Reactions: erinbetzk
Agree ditch the cooler and put the extra funds towards at least an RX 580 8gb, the stock cooler on the 2600 is good enough.

I always liked Logitech's Romer-G boards, check out the K840, plain jane for $60 or the G413, a backlight board for $73.
There is a small premium for wireless, the G613 Lightspeed is $85 on sale, and probably the best wireless board on the market. If that's your gig, go for it!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS