[SOLVED] Can someone tell me what this is and why is it not connected to anything?

Jan 1, 2019
So I have a problem with my pc not being grounded properly I think, when I leave my pc plugged in for a while and comeback and touch the case it gives me a shock, after searching for exposed wires or something like that I found this one touching the case under the motherboard, so I was wondering what is it and could it be the reason why my pc shocked me earlier?

https://imgur.com/gallery/66Sb28x

Solution
The shock is probably electro-static, rather than electrical. Try touching something else metal (kitchen faucet, heater' radiator) before you touch your PC. Or try not dragging your feet / your back on carpet / chair.
Jan 1, 2019
What type computer is this (make and model)? It kind of looks like a temperature probe. Have you ever removed the plastic piece that it is running into to see what is in there?
It's the hp pavilion 790-0008nx the i5 version and no I didn't remove the plastic piece, I think it's some kind of a wifi antenna thing because there's another one connected to the wifi card

TRENDING THREADS