Suave145

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I used several different psu calculators but im getting to many different numbers and can't decide between the Corsair AX750 and AX850

NZXT Switch 810
intel i5 2500k
Corsair H100
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
G.skill sniper 16gb DDR3
SSD OCZ vertex 2 120gb
HDD 2 WD 1tb Black 7200rpm
2 Radeon hd 7770
2 Cathodes
ASUS Xonar DS Sound card

Solution
For a system using a single Radeon HD 7770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 23 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using two Radeon HD 7770 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 29 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply...

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I wold get the AX 850 and here is the reason why you may want to upgrade later and the 850 will give you tons of room to do that is you choose to rather than deciding to upgrade and have to get a new PS if it's in the budget i would get it

For a system using a single Radeon HD 7770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 23 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using two Radeon HD 7770 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of an 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 29 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

The Corsair Professional Series Gold AX650 (CMPSU-650AX/CP-9020006), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 54 Amps and with four (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is way more than capable of powering your system configuration with a single Radeon HD 7770 or with two Radeon HD 7770 in 2-way CrossFireX mode.

There is even more than enough spare capacity to handle any overclocking of the CPU and GPU(s) that you may want to attempt.

If you're planning for a future upgrade to higher power consumption graphics card(s) then the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX750 or AX850 would be my minimum recommendation depending on the specific graphics card(s).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS