• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Can the BSOD's im getting be because of MOBO failure?

faizan.noorr03

Commendable
Apr 16, 2018
One morning I was playing CS:GO and then after a game switched to Fortnite when my graphics were super buggy and it was unplayable. It was like some textures weren't loading in properly and were filled in with just black. I decided to update my gpu drivers of my (at the time) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 580 8GB to the latest drivers. In the midst of them installing I got a BSOD which said "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER".

After a lot of troubleshooting including trying to do a full system reset which I kept getting an error on, I managed to restore my PC to an earlier date. It did not make a difference and everytime I booted my PC I still could not make it past the Windows loading screen without the same BSOD coming up.

I found out how to boot into safe mode, uninstalled my drivers using DDU and my PC would finally boot normally. Everytime I tried installing my drivers after that it would have the same thing happen all over again regardless of what version of driver I installed. I came to the conclusion that my GPU must be fried or something so I took the hit and bought a new GPU which was the MSI Gaming X 1660 Ti. The first day I tried installing drivers and my PC just shut down which was a little weird to me so I booted back up and none of the drivers were installed so I redid it and it worked well. I had 1 BSOD randomly with an error while I was gaming that I had never seen but I booted right back up normally without any issues.

The day after I hopped on my PC and the same BSOD issue kept happening again every time I booted my PC but this time the error read "VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR". I have tried booting into safe mode, uninstalling drivers and it always allows me to boot my PC again finally but when I try to install the graphics drivers it goes back to the same thing. Thats 2 different GPUs from different manufacturers that refuse to work (Sapphire & AMD to MSI & Nvidia). Any BSOD error code I have gotten has been related to GPU drivers as far as what the internet tells me but I don't know what to do.

I have cleared CMOS, built my PC outside of my case to prevent shortages with no change. I disabled XMP as well which I read in one thread was messing with his PC with the same error code. I have requested RMA for my motherboard but is it ideal to think that the only other issue it could possibly be is my motherboard?

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1660 Ti
MOBO: MSI Bazooka V2 B450M
RAM: ADATA XPG Gamminx D10 16GB 3000mhz (2x8)
PSU: Cooler Master 550W 80+ Bronze Semi Modular

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS