Can the DH-15 fit on my AsRock Z370 killer SLI/ac?

warm pancake

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
I'm putting this mobo in an Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass case, and I really want to get a DH-15 to give ample cooling. But can the dimensions work out? I don't have enough hands-on knowledge with building yet to be able to determine for myself. I need to know if it will hit my 2 sticks of RAM (Corsair Vengeance CL-15 3000 mhz). And if it does, would the U-14S or DH-15S work instead?

I do not know what synthetic tests will show, but I think the dual cooling towers of the D15s has to be more capable than the single tower on the NH-U14s.
A second fan is likely not worth much to either cooler.
The thing to consider for good cooling is getting fresh air INTO the case.
As I read it, the case comes with a 140mm fan for the front and one for the back.
I like 140mm fans, they move more air at lower rpm and are quieter than 120mm fans.
My suggestion is to buy a second 140mm fan for the front intake.

Whatever fresh air that comes in to the case will exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
The rear fan is useful to direct the airflow past the cpu cooler.

Do not use more. Too much exit capability will draw in unfiltered air reducing the cleaning capability of yout positive pressure intake.

warm pancake

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

Vapour, the CPU is an 8600k. Geofelt -- Right now I have 4 140mm fans for the case. Would 2 front, 2 exhaust be fine? How would you recommend I adjust fan speeds?

warm pancake

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
I have the AF-14 Noctuas (2) and 2 of the Phantek fans that come with the case. Not sure if I need to buy a controller or something. would I do faster intake, slower exhaust? I'll consider that H7 for sure

warm pancake

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

Don't I need to adjust speeds or something if I have equal intake and exhaust?

Don't need, as long as exhaust is more than intake, the other places can suck in air passively.