[SOLVED] can the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics crad by NVDIA support 4k gaming???

Nov 8, 2018
can the GeForce GTX 1050 Graphics crad by NVDIA support 4k gaming??? I am at a crossroads as the NVDIA site says thats the 1030 works for 4k and so does the 1060. I am investing in a 4k monitor for Fallout 76 and other games comming out like Red Dead that support 4k for Steam. I wanted to know if i have to invest in a new graphics card as well or if this one works fine. I have heard it works for 4k video but does it work for gaming??? thanks, Stoof

Solution
Yup, playing games in 4k and especially upcoming, a GTX 1080 would the bare minimum I'd consider. If I want to have some actual longevity, 1080ti or better. We're still very early in the age of 4K gaming and unless you're playing mostly non-action games, you can't get away with a budget GPU.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yup, playing games in 4k and especially upcoming, a GTX 1080 would the bare minimum I'd consider. If I want to have some actual longevity, 1080ti or better. We're still very early in the age of 4K gaming and unless you're playing mostly non-action games, you can't get away with a budget GPU.

Solution
Nov 8, 2018

so that means no 4k gaming?